Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A One-Man Operation

Ever since the first time I played a guitar, I knew that my future was in music. Growing up in Vacaville, California, I was always involved in something musical (whether it be the school jazz band, school marching band, or jamming in the garage together with my friends.) I moved to Henderson about three years ago. The past four years of my life would not have been the same if it wasn’t for my favorite band Fugazi, of Washington, D.C. They totally changed what I thought good music could be and also introduced me to the whole punk ethos, where I instantly found myself at home. East Bay Productions is a record label/recording studio that focuses specifically on the Punk and Indie music scenes of the California Bay Area. As a fellow musician, I can understand how important it is for artists to have access to high quality recording facilities at a reasonable low price. As for the record label aspect of East Bay, it will be modeled almost directly after the great Indie label Dischord Records, which is owned by punk legend Ian Mackaye (who happens to be one of the guitarists/singers of Fugazi.) Dischord Records has been one of the most prominent and successful record labels of the Punk/Indie scene, having been around for almost thirty years. Future prospective artists/bands for East Bay Productions include Lauren Lavin, Find Me Fighting Them, and possibly some of my own musical projects, involving various musicians from around the Bay Area.

No comments:

Post a Comment