Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Challenges in Computer Applications

I think the biggest challenge in Computer Applications, so far, was learning how to work in Microsoft Excel. Before this class, I had never even opened up Excel and had absolutely no idea of how to do anything in it. Although it might be useful to know how to operate programs such as Excel, I don’t think I will ever be using it in my line of work as a Sound Engineer. However, I can see how useful it can be to people involved in businesses, as it makes complicated or long equations, that would be very time consuming, be done with ease. Also, just the entirely new look of Microsoft Office made it a bit harder for me to find certain commands or formatting tools that I had known how to use before. In my opinion, the new look and style just over complicates things, making it especially difficult for anyone who has never worked with any type of word processing or spreadsheet program. Out of Word, Excel, and Power Point, I think that Power Point is still the easiest program to operate. So far, the most fun and enjoyable program I’ve worked with in this class is Apple Garage Band. Garage Band is extremely easy to operate for the average person who doesn’t know anything about music. It’s a shame that Apple hasn’t yet made Garage Band available for Windows users, because if they did, it would probably one of the most bought programs. I am lucky that I already had some computer knowledge before coming into this class because, if not, I would be completely lost now.

No comments:

Post a Comment