Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Music I Create

I enjoy listening to many different genres of music. The type of music that I like to create can be pretty much anything besides Country. One of my favorite types of music is Punk and I find that it is the most fun for me to play. Although, experimenting with new and different styles always keep things fresh and interesting. The instruments I can play are the guitar (my main instrument), bass, and drums. I don’t really have a preference between the electric or acoustic guitar but being able to have different effect pedals for electric guitars is always fun to play around with. My main influences when writing music are usually the type of music I’m listening to at the time and the mood I am in when creating the music. For the past couple years, Fugazi, Pearl Jam, The Pixies, At The Drive-In, and The Mars Volta have been my main musical influences. Most of the time when I am creating music, it involves someone else on a different instrument. In my opinion, it seems more difficult to write music by myself than with another person. Programs like Apple’s Garage Band make it extremely easy for a single musician to create an entire composition with multiple instruments through its extensive loops library. Another cool feature in Garage Band ’09 is the Magic Garage Band Jam, where you can “audition” different songs of styles of music to play along with, and you can also change the instruments being played. I also like the ability to connect a digital MIDI keyboard, enabling you to record an extensive list of different kinds of real instruments. I haven’t played around with Garage Band long enough to be able to compare it with Digidesign’s Pro Tools software, but I’m sure it is a viable alternative to other expensive digital audio recording programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment